28 August 2007

Meme

Yeah, well, why not. Found this one on Gabriele's blog. I've got nothing better to do (yes, I do have physics homework but that doesn't count as "better")

Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life
Being only 18, I haven't had many jobs in my life (it's virtually impossible here to get even a summer job before you're 18) but I'll try my best :)
1. Meat & deli at the supermarket. I worked there all summer and will have a couple of afternoons this autumn too. It sucks being up to your elbows in dead chickens but the pay is alright.
2. Assistant librarian (work experience; I did one week when I was about 14, lol)
3. Student. I think that should count as a job. I've done my share of teaching too. Had some very lousy teachers back in secondary so everyone came to me for help >.<
4. Writing. Not that I've ever gotten anything published. Except an article in the local paper.

Four countries I've been to
1. New Zealand
2. Ireland
3. Iceland
4. Germany

Four places I'd rather be right now
1. The Netherlands
2. France
3. In a biiiiig bookstore
4. In bed, lol. But my characters won't let me.

Four foods I like to eat
1. Chocolate
2. Grapes
3. Mushrooms
4. Freshly baked bread

Four personal heroes, past or present
Haven't got a clue, except of course the guy who first realised that cocoa beans could be turned into chocolate.

Four books you've read or are currently reading
1.
The Classical World: An Epic History of Greece and Rome, by Robin Lane Fox.
2. Beowulf, by Anonymous
3. Stad in de storm, by Thea Beckman
4. My physics book: Rom, stoff, tid, 3FY, by P. Jerstad, B. Sletbak & A.A. Grimenes.

Four words or phrases you would like to see used more often
Dunno. "Would you like some chocolate?" is a nice one though :)

Four reasons for ending a friendship
1. Pinkiness (will explain if requested). Though the chances of me striking up a friendship with a pinky are very small indeed...
2. Lies
3. People being either too serious or not serious enough.
4. Whining

Four smells that make you feel good about the world
1. Lilacs
2. Earl Grey tea
3. The sea
4. Cinnamon (I'm slightly obsessed with cinnamon)

Four favorite activities you did as a kid
1. Reading
2. Swimming
3. Drawing
4. Playing hide and seek

Four TV events that annoy you
1. Political debates that turn into childish squabbling. If I want to hear that I'll visit a nursery school.
2. News that isn't news. Random Famous Person #34 broke a nail. How tragic.
3. Football/soccer
4. Reality shows.

My question: Four favourite mythological/legendary/semi-historical characters:
1. Cuchulainn (surprised, Linwe? ;) )
2. Beowulf
3. Gunnlaug Ormstunga
4. Mucius Scaevola

And, because I'm feeling evil at the moment, I tag everyone who reads this. Muahahaha.

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

That physics book sounds scary.

Lol, Reality Shows annoy me, too, but since they mostly run in the afternoons when I don't have the TV on, I seldom come across the muck.

Smarty said...

This year's physics book actually isn't as scary as the one we had last year. Well, not the first chapter anyway.

I hardly watch tv, but whenever I do turn it on there's always some reality show *wants to strangle the people responsible for it*