20 February 2008

Oh glorious insomnia!

Total amount of sleep last night: 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds!

After tossing and turning for an hour or two, I figured, what the hell, it's not like I'm going to get to sleep anyway so I might as well do something useful. So I read up on my Dutch grammar and realised I should be doing just fine next month (Uni entrance exams, lol) since my dialect is as close to standard written Dutch as it is possible to get. And then I read The Eagle's Prey by Simon Scarrow. I like the Eagle series, but why do the Batavians always end up getting slaughtered? 'S not fair *sulks*

I managed to crawl out of bed sometime after dawn (no school this week, muahaha) and felt a bit of a wreck. Looked like it too. I mean, I always have dark circles under my eyes (which is totally the Romans' fault, where's the PFJ?) but today I looked like I'd been punched in the face.
Nothing an inch of concealer can't fix - helped of course by liberal amounts of tea and a handful chocolate covered coffee beans. Then I was all hyper for hours but now the after-effects of this morning's caffeine haze are starting to wear off. My eyes are burning and the head feels like cotton fuzz. But I don't feel like sleeping. I hope it's not going to be one of those several-all-nighters-in-a-row weeks because I have an eight hour shift at the deli tomorrow.

But right now there's only one thing to do! Rewriting that scene where Marcus comes stumbling into Mainz half dead. 3/4 dead is probably more like it.

The pigeon invaded my post without permission.

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Oh to be young enough again to get along with some no-sleep nights. :)

Smarty said...

I'll trade you eternal youth for time (and the ability) to sleep! :)