10 November 2007

25 K down, 25 to go!

Woohoo! I'm halfway!

Starting to feel a bit sleep deprived though. I poured hot water over my chocolate and am currently eating tealeaves.

And I've realised that nothing actually happens in my 25 k. I've had a skirmish with the Silures and one of my characters ended up in the infirmary but that's about it. Oh, and the cat that ate Sammy just walked out of the novel again and Merula is still normal. Yaay.
But all in all it's kinda boring. I mean, this time last year I had three dead emperors, several burned frontier forts, one half-dead MC, a highly cliché "The Romans suck"-speech and a character whose sole purpose was to get cut to pieces so that Marcus could stitch him back together.

No such fun yet this year. All I have is a cavalry commander called, well, Cavalry Commander. And a storm. I have a storm that pulled a tree up by the roots. Though I'm not sure why that is actually important.

Oooh, there's a hill fort on the horizon there, though. Maybe something will actually happen. Hm... Ambush.

Yes, ambush. Time for Cadwaladyr to get off his lazy butt and kill some Romans.

...

What do you mean "I'm in Caledonia now"?? You're supposed to be in Siluria, you twit! You have to ambush Romans, not make alliances with tribes in the far north.

Well, I want an ambush, and I'm getting an ambush. A chance to kill some of those annoying walk-ins. Yes, Hvepnus, that means you.

Okay, Silures, I've put the Romans in a nice forest and added a few bogs. Now it's your turn.

26 042 words!

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Oh dear. Your characters are worse than mine. They first say, oh yes, let's play, and then they don't do a thing. Or run off to the Caledones.

My characters are hiding from me most of the time, but if they come out to play, at least I get some action. :)

Smarty said...

They're doing something now, finally. Only I think the ambush is getting out of hand. The Romans are supposed to win after all.

Well, eventually *evil grin*