1 August 2007

Home sweet home

Or maybe not. The grass is frighteningly long and I have to work almost every day until school starts again. But, on the bright side, I have been reunited with my teapot. And the computer. I'll have to work really hard these next weeks if I want to reach my goal for the writing challenge. I have written some while I was away, I've got some 30 handwritten pages, but I have to type that, and I think all in all it's not more than 7 or 8 k (in 11 days! >.< Not as much as I hoped for). Belgium was great fun. There was a archaeological park close to where we stayed so I got to see crumbling old Roman stone walls (in other words, I can die happy now :P):
It's a Roman villa, and if I remember correctly I'm standing in what used to be the kitchen. I'll write a decent post about those stones soon ;)

While I was in the Netherlands I got to visit my favourite bookstore. It sells non-"top 10 list" & secondhand books, which makes them ridiculously cheap (and they're even cheaper when they're "damaged". There was one 2ndhand book that used to cost 12 € but because one page was bent I got it for 4 €. Mwahaha).

Wanna see the pile of books I bought? Of course you do.

It's 50 cm high, which is a record, even for me. I bought a total of 22 books plus two archaeological report thingies. And you know what? They all fit on my shelves!

You can expect a rant about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows soon, but first I'm off to bed. I have to be up early tomorrow. Why, why, why do *I* keep getting those morning shifts?!?! Aaaaaaargh.

1 comment:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Your piles of books begin to make me jealous. You got more than I those last months. *grin*

Welcome home.