30 September 2007

Yaay, fireworks!

So shiny.
I was at NTNU - Trondheim University - on Friday. They had a kind of open night. As well as fireworks, there were some highly explosive experiments (never, ever poke nitrogen triiodide, trust me).

More shiny fireworks...

I'm slightly nervous. I have no idea how I'm going to get through all my schoolwork this year, let alone write a 50 k novel in November (but I'm going to do it anyway:P). I need a plot though, preferably sooner than later. But I don't have much time to go plothunting - two tests next week (what idiot puts a chemistry and a math test in the same week?) - and I have to read I-don't-know-how-many books for a Norwegian project. Luckily the topic is interesting because I got to choose it myself (I'm going to write about runes). It's still a lot of work. No time to read history books and hope a paragraph turns into a plotbunny (that's what happened last year).
Mhm... I'll manage, somehow.

I also have a little puzzle for you! A (slightly mad) professor at NTNU showed it to me. I solved it. Apparently not many people do, so yaay for me. Once you've got it, it's ridiculously obvious and easy, though (these puzzles always are, lol).
What you do, is you find the next letter/number/symbol/whatever:

I B 3 d V

The first one to find the correct answer will be rewarded with a erm... cookie? Snippet? Pic?
Will figure that one out later.

4 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Beautiful fireworks.

Much as I'd love to read another snippet, I'm hopeless with that sort of riddle. Nothing that involves numbers for me, please. :)

Smarty said...

Haha, well, you're not getting a snippet before you solve the riddle! :P

It doesn't require advanced math, I swear :)

Gabriele Campbell said...

*sulks*

Smarty said...

If you haven't got it by Monday I'll give you a hint ;)